Indie Game Story
Based in Trois-Rivières, Canada
October 2, 2012
Press / Business Contact:
Please send an email first.
DescriptionIGS is all about choices. You start alone with very little money and a crappy computer. You must start freelancing to be able to pay for the bills, and once you ready you can start to fill your office with awesome stuff, hire more employees to help you, manage them, make difficult choices to stay on the track against other competitors (which on phase 2 is against the whole world). Shortly put, it's about optimizing revenue, having a blast while unlocking exciting new objects, new offices to rent and also developing your own indie games!
HistoryHow it all started
Having always loved simulation games. Very young I started playing the first Sim City on the Super Nintendo. After having spent hundred of hours in front of the television, I knew that I had a crush on the genre. Later discovered a Bullfrog game called "Theme Hospital" which was the cherry on the sundae. I always loved to build stuff, spent about 10 years of my life building software and web applications. Took a huge turn when I discovered that gamers were more enthousiast about games then corporate clients about software (surprising!). Now developing my first public game called Indie Game Story.Fundraising, why?
After having learnt pixel art the hard way, I realized how much time I was wasting on crappy artwork instead of actually making programming breakthrough. I found an artist, told him everything I wanted for the game and after getting a quote I finally realized that doing it all by myself was going to be impossible. Money-wise, time-size and art-wise. So now we're on Indiegogo to raise $1000 to get awesome-looking arts for the game! (sounds too!)
There are far more images available for Indie Game Story, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
- "Indie Game Story include a non-linear story for endless replayability, monthly content updates, and creating the feeling that you’re running your own indie development studio."
- Nathan Walker, IndieGameHQ
- "There’s something slightly terrifying about how meta Indie Game Story is. Get this: the game is a simulation with business management thrown in about creating and managing your own indie game studio."
- Chris Priestman, Indie Statik
- "Indie Game Story - Create your own."
- Indie Sniffer, Indie Sniffer
- "Un jeu indépendant de création de jeux indépendants."
- Blazingzboub, Idius